We are looking forward receiving your extended abstracts for JoDLA 5-2020 by November 1, 2019 to be presented at DLA Conference 2020: June 1-3 2020 at
Graduate School of Design (GSD) Harvard University
We invite you to contribute to this conference on all aspects of technologies in landscape architecture. The “Extended Abstract” should have a minimum of 1200 words and maximum of 2000 words including key references -- additional selected graphics are optional. Abstracts are reviewed for full paper submission and possible presentation at the DLA Conference.
Accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper for a second-round fully blind peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published as papers in JoDLA : Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture 5–2020 by Wichmann VDE Verlag, Berlin-Offenbach.
Authors of accepted papers for JoDLA 5-2020 are invited as presenters to the DLA 2020 from June 1-3, 2020, at the GSD, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. If your paper is accepted for the final round, it will be published as fully Peer Reviewed Paper in JoDLA 5-2020. The author’s fee for the publication will be 350 Euro for the standard 8 pages of print with the option of publishing up to 4 extra pages for 50 Euros per additional page. The DLA conference fees for contributing authors to JoDLA are reduced.
Main Theme and Suggested Topics:
Cybernetic Ground: Information, Imagination, and Impact
What are the information requirements and options for creating cybernetic ground? What is the role of imagination therein? And how do we measure and describe impacts of those creations?
Abstracts are also encouraged on one or more of these topics:
- Algorithmic design and analysis of landscapes
- Mobile devices, Internet-of-Things, and 'Smart' systems in the landscape
- Data Science and Landscape Information Modelling
- Drone/UAV imagery and uses
- Digital fabrication in landscape architecture
- Visualization and animation of landscapes
- Augmented reality (AR), Virtual reality (VR), and immersive environments
- Geodesign approaches, technologies, and case studies
- Digital landscape architectural responses to climate change
- Social media in landscape architecture
- Teaching digital landscape architecture
- Digital landscape architecture in practice
Important dates for the review process are:
Opening Call for Abstracts September 1, 2019 Abstracts due: November 1, 2019 Notification of acceptance: December 1, 2019 Full manuscript submission due: January 10, 2020 Opening of Call for Landscape Art January 1, 2020 Opening of Call for posters February 1, 2020 Manuscript reviews returned: February 15, 2020 Revised/final manuscript due: March 1, 2020 Conference: June 1 – June 3, 2020